Simon Brown.

Proverbs 8:34-36 Blessed is the man who hears me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at my door posts. For whoever finds me finds life, and will obtain favor from Yahweh. But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul. All those who hate me love death.” Psalm 84: 11 For Yahweh God is a sun and a shield. Yahweh will give grace and glory. He withholds no good thing from those who walk blamelessly. 12 Yahweh of Armies, blessed is the man who trusts in you. 1 John 5:5 Now who is the one overcoming the world, except the one believing that Jesus is the Son of God?

Saturday 19 November 2016

‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the SON OF GOD’? John 10:36.

John 10:36.

Click on image to enlarge.

DID JESUS CLAIM TO BE GOD, AS MOST CHRISTIANS BELIEVE?


The answer to this issue of salvation is revealed in the following article;
here are the biblical facts from the very lips of Jesus, as we see and study John 10:30, to 36, where the Jews ‘WRONGLY’ accused Jesus of BLASPHEMY.

If Jesus was claiming to be GOD, it would be BLASPHEMY because GOD ALMIGHTY Himself taught that He was GOD ALONE.

Remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

And Jesus Himself also taught that His Father is
 THE ONLY TRUE GOD.
 John 17:3.

The Jews understood this one biblical fact. Read on and you will discover that the Jews were right if Jesus had claimed to be GOD.
 But then discover that they were wrong because Jesus never actually claimed to be GOD.
Therefore, they falsely accused Jesus of BLASPHEMY.

For the shorter version of this article please scroll down to: DID JESUS CLAIM TO BE GOD?

In John 10 it is recorded that an amazing conversation took place between Jesus and the Jews, which very clearly establishes what Jesus Himself taught about His own identity.

For those who desire to know the absolute truth, there is nowhere better to learn and understand this truth – with regards to who Jesus truly claimed to be – and there cannot be a better place anywhere in the Bible to take notice of the very words Jesus said Himself.

From my own extensive research, at the end of this article we will see what the Jews themselves finally believed.

According to Jesus’ own teachings, there is nothing more important than knowing and following THE TRUE GOD, believing and understanding His true SON, and being fully aware of who GOD and His SON truly are, which Jesus proved Himself by the very fact that He made this subject into the first and greatest commandment – proving that this is a salvation issue.

With regards to the Biblical facts – coming from the very lips of Jesus – this study alone is enough to prove the truth of what really happened.

As we shall read, in this incredible conversation between Jesus and the Jews, the divinity of Jesus was raised to a thrilling climax, and – again, as we shall see – Jesus actually addressed the Jews perfectly.

We will very carefully examine each verse leading up to the key words where Jesus told the Jews precisely who He was, which will finally prove to us who Jesus claimed to be – the SON of GOD or GOD Himself, as He cannot be both, but must be one or the other. This proves there is no mystery, but instead a simple teaching revealing a simple truth.

We will inspect and determine why the Jews claimed that Jesus was claiming to be GOD, and on what grounds their claims were founded – why did they believe Jesus was making Himself out to be GOD? Did most of the Jews believe what Jesus taught, understood, or meant? Well, that's what we are about to find out.

Our main study will be from John 10:18 through to 39.

I ask that you please follow my research with an open heart and mind, praying constantly to the Father through His begotten SON Jesus for truth and understanding, because as Jesus said in John 17:3, and Mark 12:29, your destiny depends on what you believe.

We shall kick off with an amazing statement by Jesus in John 10:30, when Jesus said: I and the Father are one.

We then read in the very next verse of John 10:31: The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?”

Please take note here of how Jesus did not say it was Himself performing the miracles, which is what you would expect to hear if He was already GOD and equal with GOD, but instead Jesus gives all the glory to GOD the Father by always teaching that the good works He performed were directly from the Father.

The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.” John 10:33.

As we have read, the Jews wanted to stone Jesus because they believed He was making Himself GOD – they believed he was actually claiming to be GOD.

Now, if we look in the Strong’s Concordance, we can get a better understanding of the meaning of the word ‘God’:

theos: God, a god
Original Word: θεός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: theos
Phonetic Spelling: (theh'-os)
Short Definition: God, a god
Definition: (a) God, (b) a god, generally.

So, as we have read here, the definition for God is (a) God, (b) a god, generally.

This means that the Jews may have said: being a man, make yourself (A) God.

However, just previously in John 10:30, Jesus was referring to His Father GOD by saying: I and the Father are one. This must then mean that the translation is correct in saying: being a man, make yourself God, and not a God.

Therefore, this clearly demonstrates that the Jews must have believed Jesus was making Himself one GOD with the Father GOD, because of what Jesus had just told them in John 10:30, when He said: I and the Father are one.

Of course, it is clear that most of the Jews did not understand or believe what Jesus taught – with a lot of them often being rebellious – and with some not even caring who Jesus was, instead being more concerned with finding an excuse to get Him out of the way.

This can be seen by rewinding back to John 10:19 – 20: There was again a division among the Jews because of these words. Many of them said, “He has a demon, and is insane; why listen to him?”

We then read in 10:24, to 30, that they do not believe: So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.” Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name bear witness about me, but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

The same theme of the Jews’ disbelief continued: 37 If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; 38 but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.” 39 Again they sought to arrest him, but he escaped from their hands.

Unfortunately – and sadly, in my opinion – this is what most Christians believe today. As Jesus said: I and the Father are one, the Jews believed that Jesus was teaching that He and the Father are ONE and the same GOD, which is not true.

And yet even though Jesus did not say: I and the Father are ONE (GOD), which again would put an end to this debate, millions today still believe what Jesus did not say, that they are ONE GOD.

As we will see in the rest of this article, it seems to me that the Jews either misunderstood or didn’t believe what Jesus actually taught or meant when He said: I and the Father are one, with the same problem seemingly continuing down the generations, ending with most Christians today still believing the mistaken phrase.

Now, this massive misunderstanding can be seen by what Jesus said in the following verses in John 17:11, and John 17:20, as we will now investigate.

WHAT DID JESUS MEAN WHEN HE SAID:
I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE. 
John 10:30.

Most are confused with what Jesus said and meant here – just as the Jews were – and in their confusion they believe this proves that Jesus and the Father are, in fact, ONE GOD.

But when we understand the truth, that if GOD and Jesus are ONE GOD, this means that they are not two separate persons, when in fact the Trinity teaches this part correctly: that GOD the Father, and Jesus the SON, are not the same person, but are both separate and divine, but then the Trinity teaches wrongly, by believing that GOD and His SON are ONE in number, instead of understanding they are one in nature.

Millions simply don’t understand that if the Trinity is true and correct, and there is ONE GOD who they believe is manifested in THREE separate persons, then their theory utterly contradicts the scriptures which teach that GOD is ONE, because instead the Trinity actually teaches the opposite – that GOD is not ONE but is THREE.

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: Mark 12:29.

“See now that I myself am he! THERE IS NO GOD BESIDES ME.
Deuteronomy 32:39.

Now let’s get back to John 10:30. I was a Trinitarian for about 10 years; I was one of those people who misunderstood John 10:30, believing that Jesus meant He and GOD are ONE GOD, but then I changed my mind. I came to understand that this so-called statement contradicts Jesus’ own teachings – many, many times throughout the Bible, in fact – when Jesus always said that He is literally the SON of GOD and there is only ONE true GOD, John 17:3, meaning (ALWAYS EXISTED), who has always been.

If we rewind back to John 10:16, we see how Jesus uses a similar illustration to explain how the true born-again believers will also become ONE:

And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.

And this same theme is consistent with all of Jesus’ teachings, as we will go on to examine.

Firstly, we know that when a man and a woman come together in marriage, it is said that they become ONE. However, they are never ACTUALLY the same person; they are always two completely separate people, which mean they are never as ONE GOD.

Jesus prayed to His Father, GOD, asking that He and His disciples could become ONE:

Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, EVEN AS WE ARE ONE. John 17:11.

I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, THAT THEY MAY ALL BE ONE, JUST AS YOU, FATHER, ARE IN ME, AND I IN YOU, that they also may be in us. John 17:20 - 21.

There are 4 Scriptures by Jesus:
John 17:11.
John 17:21. 
John 17:22.
John 17:23.

All confirming being ONE means to be in complete agreement.
Proving being ONE does NOT mean Jesus or His disciples are ONE GOD.

Here it is clear that Jesus prayed for GOD and His disciples to all come together in complete agreement, and that in harmony they would join together as ONE family, just as Jesus has ONE purpose with His Father, GOD – to be in complete agreement, harmony, and purpose, just as he desires to make all GOD’s children ONE substance.

As we have examined the meaning of being ONE, do we agree that being ONE does not make us GOD? As Jesus was ONE with His Father GOD, did that make Jesus GOD? No.

So, hopefully we can now understand what Jesus meant when He said I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE. John 10:30.

Now, there is also another teaching by Jesus which the Jews also wanted to stone Jesus for, but the difference with this is the anger of the Jews. There is nothing said about it being blasphemy, and oddly enough, most Christians today believe that when Jesus said the famous words of (I am), Jesus was again referring to being the same person as THE GOD at Mount Sinai, when GOD ALMIGHTY said to Moses, (I AM WHO I AM).

Trinitarians believe (I am), is the name of God, because it is the first part of GOD’s name in Exodus 3:14. Yet Jesus did not say the whole name of GOD, as it is written (I AM WHO I AM), Jesus only said the first part of His Father’s name: (I am) who I am. Was this because Jesus inherited the first part of His Father’s name, much like we inherit the last part of our Father’s names?

It is interesting to study why Trinitarians often use capitals (I AM), in their translation of John 8:58, as with most scholars believing that the whole Bible was written in capitals, there is no way of telling if the original translation was I AM, or I am.

Yet if we look at the good translations of John 8:58 – and most of the translations, in fact – what we see is that all of the (I am’s) are in lower case, and not in capitals, as though the translators agreed that Jesus was not saying He was the same person at Mount Sinai.

Now, here is another interesting fact: if we look at the translation of Exodus 3:14, we find that nearly all of the translations of “I AM WHO I AM” are in CAPITALS.

English Standard Version: God said to Moses, “ I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
 All agree that these are the words of GOD ALMIGHTY Himself.

At this point, there is no indication by the Jews that they believed Jesus was actually claiming to be GOD; they could simply have just been offended that Jesus was claiming to have existed before Abraham. Whatever the case was, the Jews knew the PRECISE words of GOD’s name, which was told to Moses at Mount Sinai, and that was very clear: (I AM WHO I AM). Now, if Jesus had said the same words, (I AM WHO I AM), we would all know for sure that Jesus was and is GOD, and I instead would be proving that Jesus was GOD, not the other way around.

It is a mystery to me why the Trinitarians clearly ignore the biblical facts that Jesus only said (I am), and not GOD’s whole name (I AM WHO I AM).

It would be helpful if Trinitarians took into consideration that “I am” was also a very popular saying at the time, and can actually be found in the Bible over 700 times.

This may be another reason why Jesus used the title (I am) in many of His teachings, because it was the Greek idiom for “I am he,” or “I am the one”. Just take note in the countless statements below which the Jews did not try and stone Jesus for saying:

“I am the bread of life. John 6:35. I am the living bread. John 6:51. I am the good shepherd, John 10:11. “I am the true vine, John 15:1. “I am the light of the world. John 8:12. “I am the resurrection and the life. John 11:25. “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. John 14:6. I am the Alpha and the Omega, Revelation 22:13.

As we can see, I think we can agree that (I am) was very popular, just like the blind man also said in John 9:9: Some said, “It is he.” Others said, “No, but he is like him.” He kept saying, “I am the man.” ESV. The Greek says: Eimi εἰμι. I am [he].

Did the blind man mean “I am God”?! Of course not. “It’s me” is the meaning, as everyone should know. So why isn’t this same logic applied when looking at what Jesus said to the Jews?

Did the Jews misunderstand Jesus yet again? Or did they just refuse to believe what He was teaching, as millions of Trinitarians seem to be doing today? When Jesus said (I am), all He was saying was that He is the one, the chosen one, I am He the Messiah who is not GOD, but SENT by GOD, who would become the Lamb of GOD for His GOD and be the perfect High Priest and mediator between  GOD and man.

There is one important teaching by Jesus that the Jews did understand, which is in the amazing conversation between Jesus and the Jews seen in Mark 12:28 to 33.

It is called: THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT.

Let’s read and see what was said:

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the COMMANDMENTS, which is THE MOST IMPORTANT?” THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE,” ANSWERED JESUS, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, THE LORD IS ONE. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

Now LOOK at the man's REPLY to Jesus:

32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying THAT GOD IS ONE and there is no other but him.

Did you SEE that? YOU ARE RIGHT IN SAYING THAT GOD IS ONE.

The Jews already knew that GOD almighty was one person – who is GOD alone and a single being – which was strongly declared throughout the old testament. Judaism was a monotheistic religion, and the Jews understood this, which is why we can now easily understand why the Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy. They understood that if Jesus was GOD, that then would equal two Gods, and not one, because Jesus always taught that they were two separate persons, who are the Father and the SON.

I believe that the Jews did not understand what Jesus meant when He said: I and the Father are ONE, and this explains why they wanted to stone Jesus for believing He was claiming to be GOD.

The Shema of the Hebrew Scriptures: "Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is one." [Deut 6:4]

The fact cannot be denied that the Jews misunderstood Jesus or simply did not believe Him which was often the case and they instead believed Jesus was claiming He already existed before Abraham was born. 

But insetad Jesus was meaning He was already existing in GODS mind and plan before the foundations of the world,  as GODS chosen Son to come and He is the one spoken of who is for-filling countless Bible prophecies.

This can be seen when the Jews said: Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? John 8:57.

This adds up perfectly with the LEXICON translation, which clearly reveals the “I am”: εἰμί eimi. The definition here means, “I am He, which does not translate as having always existed. 

But as always, many of the Jews did not understand Jesus or simply did not believe Jesus.

Now that we’ve examined John 8:58 and John 34, we can move on to determining who Jesus claimed to be in one of the most controversial and misunderstood conversations between the Jews and Jesus in the whole of the Bible and the whole of history.

Here we return to the amazing statement made by Jesus in John, 10:30, when Jesus said: I and the Father are one. As we examined previously, Jesus meant that He has ONE purpose with His Father GOD – to be in complete agreement, harmony, and purpose, just as he desires to make all GOD’s children ONE in substance.

The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. The Jews misunderstood Jesus when He meant He was ONE in harmony, and purpose.

Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” John 10:31 - 32. Jesus gave all glory to GOD, proving that He was not GOD Himself.

33 The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.”
In this statement by the Jews we can clearly see how the Jews did not understand Jesus, or perhaps that they simply did not want to understand Jesus, because there is nowhere that He actually said: I AM GOD.

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? 35 If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken—

Jesus was referring to (Psalm 82:6) which says: I said, “You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you.

Jesus was referring to (Gods) in the sense of magistrates, prophets, and judges, appointed by the word of GOD.

Was Jesus referring to (HIS DEITY)?

Jesus put Himself in the same category as Gods, which was why Jesus referred the Jews to (Psalm 82:6).

Jesus was saying that He is a God who is the only begotten SON of the Most High ONE TRUE GOD.
Jesus was NOT claiming to be as GOD THE FATHER, (Who always existed) But as (a God) like magistrates and prophets and judges, who were appointed by GOD.

There is, however, a great difference between Jesus and the magistrates, prophets, and judges, appointed by GOD. If we look in Isaiah 9:6, we can discover the divine difference when we learn that Jesus is: called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6 could very well be correctly translated as (A) Mighty God. 

As we already know that Jesus is the second greatest in the universe, who is The King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and the HIGHEST of all Gods, chosen and appointed by THE ONE TRUE FATHER GOD, this makes Him (A) Mighty God.


Finally, we now come to the climax of this amazing discussion concerning Jesus and the Jews.

DID JESUS CLAIM TO BE GOD?

Now, Trinitarians, like Barnes’ Notes on the Bible, will say:

1. That Jesus did not deny that he meant to apply the term to himself.
2. He did not deny that it was properly applied to him.
3. He did not deny that it implied that he was God. He affirmed only that they were inconsistent, and were not authorized to bring a charge of blasphemy for the application of the name to himself.

On the other hand, Jesus did not confirm He was actually GOD. Trinitarians don’t seem to mention that Jesus did not say in any way, shape, or form, that the Jews were correct in accusing Jesus of making Himself GOD. Did Jesus have something to hide by confirming to the Jews that they were correct in saying He was GOD? Was Jesus too frightened to confirm to the Jews that they were correct in claiming He was GOD, if He actually was GOD?

The answer to both is an absolute NO. Jesus was always very clear about who sent Him, why He came, and what He taught, including who He was.

In fact, not a single word ever came from the lips of Jesus saying or claiming He was GOD, or that He always existed. The scripture that the Trinitarians believe proves Jesus is GOD, actually proves to us – after proper examination – that the Jews misunderstood or refused to believe Jesus’ teachings, which is the same problem that seems to have been passed down to the Trinitarians today.

If we read the rest of the conversation with Jesus and the Jews after they accused Him of blasphemy, we can very clearly see how Jesus very perfectly turned their accusation back on themselves, by telling them that their insult was GROUNDLESS.

If Jesus were claiming to be GOD as the Jews believed and accused Him of doing so, He would have simply said you are correct, I am GOD, as Jesus had nothing to hide and always spoke the true.

Now the evidence that Jesus did not claim to be GOD can easily be seen by the very fact that Jesus clearly rectified the Jews’ misunderstanding at the end of their conversation, making it very clear that He was not GOD, when He could very easily have said He was GOD. Instead, He confirms His DEITY in four crystal clear words, by saying: do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ BECAUSE I SAID, ‘I AM THE SON OF GOD’? JOHN 10:36.

In more simple words, Jesus was saying that He never, ever said or taught the notion that He was THE GOD, so why do you accuse me of BLASPHEMING? When all I ever said or taught was that: ‘I am the SON of GOD?

As we can clearly see in the scriptures below, the Jews did not believe or understand, while some of them simply were not at all interested in the truth, and I believe that’s why the Jews were desperate to accuse Jesus of something He never ever claimed, said, or taught.

John 10:37, If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me.

John 10: 5, But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

John 10:1 – 6, This is why: Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.” John 10:25 – 30.

Conclusion
I don’t know about you, but for me, I could not see a single word from Jesus ever claiming to actually be GOD. If Jesus ever did claim to be GOD, there would be no better place then here in JOHN 10:36 – than anywhere else in the four Gospels – for Jesus to confirm to the Jews that He was indeed GOD.

The scriptures we have examined are the exact place where the Jews accused Him for making himself GOD, and the exact place where Jesus rectified the Jews, reminding the Jews countless times how He always taught that He was THE SON OF GOD.

We know that the main instigates were Annas and his family, the Saducees, who were the local mafia and who were not interested in the truth of Jesus – instead they wanted Him dead, buried, and out of the way.

Annas and his family were notorious in their greed for money, and they became very rich through the exploitation and oppression of the poor. They had market stalls on the Mount of Olives and inside the temple complex, they owned the monopoly on the sale of sacrificial animals, and they also managed the exchange of money into temple coins at exorbitant prices.

It is no surprise, therefore, that they hated Jesus and wanted him out of the way when he turned up at the temple and overturned their money tables. I bet their profits dropped for some time.

And he taught, saying unto them, is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? But, you have made it a den of thieves. Mark 11:17.

All of this adds up to why the Jews were always looking for a reason to make their false claims of blasphemy.

Annas the High Priest – the ruling power behind the Saducees – was later responsible for the arrest, trial, and crucifixion of Jesus. Annas was the father of the five brothers and a force to be reckoned with, as he was able to exert power and authority through using his position.

12 So the Roman cohort and the commander and the officers of the Jews, arrested Jesus and bound Him, 13 and led Him to Annas first; for he was father-in-law of Caiaphas, who was high priest that year.

Now I always like to save the best part till last, and believe me when I say this truly is the icing on the cake.

As we have just read: the officers of the Jews arrested Jesus. But on what grounds were they about to crucify Jesus for? Let’s turn to John 18:35, where we find: Pilate answered, “Am I a Jew? Then we can read in John 18:38, Pilate said to him, “What is truth?” After he had said this, he went back outside to the Jews and told them, “I find no guilt in him.

Pilate said he was a Jew, and we know that Christianity emerged from Judaism, and is a monotheistic religion. The Jews understood the one important fact that GOD is one, and that GOD is a single being, because that was strongly declared in the scriptures.

Jesus never taught that He was the Father, but that He and the Father were a Father and SON, making them two separate persons. If Jesus ever claimed to be GOD, Pilate – being a Jew – would have known that it was blasphemy, and yet Pilate said nothing about Jesus claiming to be GOD, except that: “I find no guilt in him.

We now move on to the final Biblical fact, so let’s turn to John 19:6, where Jesus is about to be crucified:

6 When the chief priests and the officers saw him, they cried out, “Crucify him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Take him yourselves and crucify him, for I find no guilt in him.” 7 The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and according to that law he ought to die because he has made himself the Son of God.”

Did you see what I did there? The Jews now want to crucify Jesus because: “he has made himself the Son of God.” By the end, the Jews have suddenly changed their accusation from: “you, being a man, make yourself God” to instead Jesus making “himself the Son of God.”

In the end, did the Jews finally understand that Jesus never, ever claimed to actually be GOD?

As we have carefully examined, we don’t need to be a Bible scholar, teacher, or preacher, but just an ordinary person like me off the street to see, learn, and understand the simple truth of who Jesus claimed to be. As Jesus never, ever claimed to be GOD, what does this study prove? It proves what Jesus always claimed, that His almighty Father GOD: So loved the world, that he literally sent and gave his only begotten SON, that whoever believes this fact will be saved.

When we believe and teach that Jesus is GOD – when He only ever taught that He was the SON of THE ONE TRUE GOD – we are no better then the Jews, who accused Jesus for something He never claimed, which they RIGHTLY CALLED BLASPHEMY, but wrongly accused Him for BLASPHEMY.


 ‘You are accusing Jesus of slander, because Jesus NEVER SAID HE WAS GOD, but INSTEAD ONLY EVER said He IS the SON of GOD. John 10:36.

 DOES ALMIGHTY GOD DECLARE, HE IS ONE PERSON OR
THREE CALLED THE TRINITY? Part 1. 



Have we not all
one Father?
Has not
ONE GOD
created us?
Why then are we faithless to one another, profaning the covenant of our fathers?
Malachi 2:10.

But now, O LORD, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand. 
Isaiah 64:8.



To you it was shown, that you might know that the LORD is God;
 there is no other besides him.
Deuteronomy 4:35.


2 comments:

  1. A good article, but you’re missing some scripture. A good argument can only be published if all of its counter arguments are present.

    Immanuel means “God with us”
    The beginning of Matthew shows wise men worshipping Jesus.
    Paul, in the first verse of first Timothy, even if you follow the commonly known Greek exegesis, regardless, still notes God as our savior.
    Isaiah 9:6 also denotes a child Being born as “The Mighty God” and “The everlasting Father”

    You cannot define God using human terms, and that’s where the trinity fails. He has three components, but I’m not at ad nauseum to try and explain, even to the best of my abilities.

    Trinity? Inadequate

    Is Jesus God? YES

    “Before Abraham was, I am” denoting the name given to Moses. The Jews didn’t want to stone Jesus for no reason, but that he usurped to be God.

    You argue well, and the trinity cannot encompass all of God without applying limits to what he can or can’t do or be. No analogy or comparison is sufficient beyond what the Bible describes.

    Thanks for the article. You argue well, but Jesus was sinless for reasons beyond just being human.

    Even if Jesus was God’a legitimate offspring, he would still be of the God species(I’m being hypothetical) however scripture teaches that there is only one God so that’s out of the question. God is more than what man can understand.

    It’s safe to pray to Jesus, and to worship him as did the WISE men long ago, for he is God incarnate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for your comment. Please would you read what GOD with us means here:https://wwwrealdiscoveriesorg-simon.blogspot.com/2016/10/does-matthew-123-prove-jesus-is-god-as.html

    And also please read about Isaiah 9:6 here: https://wwwrealdiscoveriesorg-simon.blogspot.com/2016/11/why-do-trinitarians-use-isaiah-96-to.html

    And also please read about “Before Abraham was, I am” here: https://wwwrealdiscoveriesorg-simon.blogspot.com/2018/01/scripture-no-3-john-858-was-gods-son.html

    ReplyDelete