Simon Brown.

Proverbs 8:34-36 Blessed is the man who hears me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at my door posts. For whoever finds me finds life, and will obtain favor from Yahweh. But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul. All those who hate me love death.” Psalm 84: 11 For Yahweh God is a sun and a shield. Yahweh will give grace and glory. He withholds no good thing from those who walk blamelessly. 12 Yahweh of Armies, blessed is the man who trusts in you. 1 John 5:5 Now who is the one overcoming the world, except the one believing that Jesus is the Son of God?

Friday 17 July 2015

Did Jesus die on April 3rd 33 AD?

Jesus on the cross
Did Jesus die on April 3rd 33 AD?
On the day of April 3rd 33 AD there was a total eclipse of the moon in Jerusalem, and it is interesting when Peter talks about Jesus later, at Pentecost he mentions the prophet Joel and a blood moon. By Raymond J. Schneider.

The Shroud of Turin an Enduring Mystery Part 4 HD,


Ray contiinues to say:
Scholars have narrowed down the possible dates of Christ's crucifixion (depending on the accounts in the New Testament for clues) to either April 7th 30 A.D. or April 3rd 33 A.D. -- now frankly I don't care very much which it is but there are two dates and if you want to take a position you should pick one. There are a variety of reasons that I have for preferring 33 A.D. 1) Jesus was about thirty when he started his ministry which took three years at least there are three Passovers in John, 2) I think the notion of a 40 year period while the Chosen people can decide to come in before the judgment of Jerusalem is a bit more consistent if counted from the beginning of the ministry as 30 A.D. (BTW this isn't exactly a biblical claim but something like it is implied by the gospels), 3) the blood moon on April 3rd 33 A.D. would explain why Peter chose to quote Joel ... it wouldn't be a sign if they had not just seen it.

Now all of that is interesting but it isn't really conclusive.  The scholars may be wrong.  The dating may be deficient.  The symbolism while interesting may only be fanciful.  Pilate was prefect of Judea from 26 A.D. to about 37 A.D. possibly 36 A.D. so the crucifixion has to be in that date range.  All in all 33 A.D. just makes the most sense to me.
Real Discoveries Blogger.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Simon, what will happened to your videos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Roma, yes I am very sorry that my You tube channel containing all of my 600 videos were deleted by You Tube, for regulations I do not know for sure which one or understand.

      GOD bless.

      Delete